Of course this list is far from being exhaustive. But exercising these 9 simple things can strengthen and flourish your relationship. Not only will you create a more loving and accepting environment but you’ll both notice a shift in your mood, behaviour, and reactions to each other. Always choose to see the best, believe the best, do the best, and be the best for each other.
©2017 Susie Lee
It doesn’t take much for us to be happy in life. And often, it won’t even cost us any money. Here are 10 signs that you’re a truly happy person and if you’re not, here are 10 simple things to start adding to your day:
©2015 Susie Lee
Don’t do it, don’t do it – don’t second-guess or doubt yourself. Better to take risks than to do nothing at all. Move forward with confidence but take things in strides. Know your worth then surround yourself with people who know it too. Take risks. Have the courage to express the voice within. Work with people who you like and respect. Don’t say yes when you really want to say no. Stop being a people pleaser. Never compromise your values, beliefs, and convictions. Put love before work. Always work on your craft. Find a hobby in the midst of pursuing your dreams. Forgive yourself and others. Lessons learned, no regrets. Foster gratitude everyday. Instead of making assumptions, ask for clarification. Make time for people, especially those who could use a helping hand. Fill your heart with so much love that there’s no room for hatred. If you’re unhappy with some part of your life, change it. Don’t complain. Never ever put yourself down in thought, word, or deed. Replace pride with humility. Be generous with your time, money, and resources because you can’t take it with you once you’re dead. Invest in people through kindness, gentleness, and patience. Always be hopeful, joyful, and thankful.
©2015 Susie Lee
Here are 10 simple tips that can transform any relationship, not just marriages. If you’re happy at home, chances are you’ll be happier in life and more successful at work. But unfortunately, the pressures, demands, and expectations of everyday can rob you of the joy, love, and peace that you desire in your relationship. So continue to do the little things as they’ll make a big difference down the road, make a conscious choice each day to love them despite your lack of feelings, and never grow tired of showing them how much you care. May these tips bring you closer and stronger together for a brighter and happier future.
©2015 Susie Lee
We don’t have to suffer needlessly with anger, resentment, or sadness in our lives. We have the power to change our feelings at any given moment. One of the ways we can change our feelings is to take responsibility for it. When we begin to take ownership of our feelings; we’ll stop blaming people for how they’re making us feel, we’ll stop taking offence to their behaviour, and we’ll stop fighting for what they’re not giving to us. Blaming others for how we feel will only bring us heartache, sadness, and pain. This sheer act of taking ownership of our feelings will quickly transform our lives, strengthen our relationships, and alter our attitudes. It’ll also give us a peace of mind, security within, and open doors to communication and growth. May strength, grace, and wisdom guide you in this journey.
©2015 Susie Lee
Don’t ever give up. Believe in yourself. Celebrate every small victory. Look back with satisfaction and look forward with hope. Everyday is new opportunity to grow, discover, and learn despite past hurts, regrets, or mistakes. Don’t compare yourself with others as life unfolds for each person in their own time. Drop the ego and practice humility on a daily basis. Don’t be content with what you know, always be a learner. Be kind, especially to those who can’t repay you back. Practice self-control by desiring fewer things. Learn to de-clutter your living space, office space, and especially your mental space. If you’re feeling lost, get back to the basics. It’s okay to start over with life, love, and your dreams.
©2015 Susie Lee
Living your best will change from day to day. It doesn’t mean having it all together or being happy all the time – it means doing your best under the circumstances that you’re in. Here are some ways I remove stumbling blocks from living my best. By no means is this an exhaustive list but it’s a start…
- Don’t hold onto grudges – it’ll only damage you and hold you back from fully living and loving.
- Work on building your character – keep your word, show up, and work hard.
- Be kind. Always.
- Stop being a people pleaser.
- Work hard and mind your own business.
- Don’t run away from pain but learn from it – it’ll make you stronger, wiser, and build character.
- Dream big and follow your heart.
- Don’t let anyone define you, especially your boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife.
- When you say ‘yes’ to someone, make sure you’re not saying ‘no’ to yourself.
- Get to know and love yourself – embrace imperfections & brokenness because there’s beauty in those places.
- Discover the world, especially the world within you.
- Learn to love those who are difficult to love, this alone will either make you or break you.
- Have hope, faith, and love.
- Always believe the best, say the best, and think the best.
- Don’t compare your chapter 1 with someone else’s chapter 20.
- Always do your best even when no one’s watching.
- Don’t settle when it comes to dating – you’re worth the best.
- Learn to forgive others but especially yourself.
- Having a good attitude will make all the difference in the world.
- A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You won’t be able to go anywhere until you change it.
- Life always offers you a second chance, it’s called tomorrow.
- Loving is the hardest and the best thing we can do.
- You can’t start the next chapter in your life, if you keep re-reading the last one. Let go & move on without regrets.
- You can’t move on to the next chapter of your life, if you keep re-reading the last chapter.
- Stay humble.
- Never stop learning.
- Be thankful everyday.
- And it’s okay to not be okay. You don’t have to be happy and have it all together all the time. Let that emotion sit with you.
- Remember that your struggle is just part of your story. And one day, your story will inspire someone else.
- Lastly, do more of what makes you awesome!
What are some ways you live your best? I’d love to be inspired in hearing from you!
©2013 Susie Lee